Core Values of KSU
· Function as a high-level teaching and research organization in Samskrit language, literature, Vedic studies and Shastras such as Vyakarana, Samkhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Mimamsa, Vedanta, Bauddha, Jaina, Dharma Shastra.
· Preserve, foster and promote the traditional system of learning in Vedic, Agamic, and Cognate literature with special emphasis on unique features available in Karnataka.
· Promote the study of Samskrit language and facilitate inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research that bridges the knowledge gap between ancient wisdom and modern science.
Contribution to society
· Consolidate, revive and promote the Bharateeya Jnana Parampara as also bridge the gap between the scientific thoughts contained in the Vedas and Samskrit Literature and modern science – particularly in the disciplines of Agriculture, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Humanities, Information Technology, law and Jurisprudence, Management, Mathematics, Metallurgy, Meteorology, Physics, Social Sciences and Yoga with modern scientific and technological studies.
· Collect, preserve, critically edit and publish rare manuscripts and ancient works by establishing an Oriental Research Institute in Samskrit and computerize and digitize the entire corpus of manuscripts and Sanskrit texts.
· Training general public on reading ancient scripts such as Granthi, Sharada, Brahmi.